Monday, September 22, 2008

SHOES, shoes, SHOES





I am in this weird in-between place. I don't have a ton in common with my friends anymore. I am a stay-at-home mom and have very few friends with babies. I used to think that there was disconnect because I lived inconveniently far away. But after moving I am realizing that it is more about being in a different life stage. I just started going to a mom's group so I know that soon I will have more mommy friends, right now is a little lonely though. Not physically lonely because there are people around but soul lonely. Ok, not actually as dramatic as it sounds, this is the only way I know how to describe it.

On a lighter note, shoes are very important in our house right now. The kid loves to say "shoe" and if he brings you a pair that will fit your feet, you must put them on or the world may end. Also, if he brings his own shoes to you, you must put them on him, or the world may end. The shiny ones are his favorite.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I promise it is just as difficult for the friends who are at the same place in life.