Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Yes, the house thing again

I've been wondering for a long time if my husband and I are being disciplined for not spending our money wisely. We should have waited until our other house sold first before buying this one. There have been a lot of good things about living in this house and I love it, but it wasn't smart to buy a house before the other one sold. We made a bet that our other house would sell quickly and the house won. (clever pun if I do say so myself) Anyway, I feel like God is teaching us about money and making wise decisions and we are learning the hard way. We thought we were wise with money. Wrong.
So, I vow that I will no longer complain about having two houses. Don't get me wrong it will still be a burden. But now it is a valuable learning experience from a loving Father not just an extra house payment a month.

2 comments:

aligwhit said...

Those are pretty cool thoughts. I'm just thankful our loving Father is oh so gentle. I'm thinking about my own "oops" moments too. Thanks for the perspective.

Coffee & Conversation said...

Dave Ramsey!! Seriously...I'm out of debt for the first time in a long time, and the freeing feeling is amazing!! However, I remember when I couldn't even see the tunnel that I was in and despair won out for years!! It took me years to do it, but I'm finally on a clear course! If you want to borrow the CD's let me know.