Thursday, August 14, 2008

Who's Bad

In attempt to avoid whining, I am simply giving an update today.

My youngest cousin is getting married tomorrow.  Married!  Weird.  It wasn't weird to me until I was at the shower and I had one of those moments where you feel like you're in a sitcom.  Suddenly all of the chatter of, "ooooh dishes and aaaah crockpots", turned into distant echoes.   This man sitting in the middle of the room with his future wife appeared to me to be five.  Laughing not about the number of crockpots but at Pee-Wee's playhouse on my grandmother's cabinet teevee.  I almost cried but refused because the shower was about him and not my nostalgic moment.  
Below is a glimpse of his younger days.




1 comment:

Tree of Knowledge said...

He's so cute. Now I'm going to cry. I so wish I could be there. He's like a little brother, and I have missed so much of him growing into a man. Thanks for posting this, and when you hug him tomorrow, hug him twice and tell him I love him.