Thursday, January 22, 2009

"Yes, Lord."

I was reading scripture today....OK, some of you are rolling your eyes and about to surf away.... this is important to me so don't surf if you're interested in learning more about the core of who I am.

So, I was reading scripture today, John 21, where Peter is reinstated. If you will remember, earlier Peter denied knowing Christ 3 times, just as Christ prophesied. Well in John 21, Christ appears to his disciples and asks Peter, "Do you love me?" Peter replies, "Yes." Christ asks him 3 times and Peter responds 3 times. I love that Peter had the opportunity to look at Christ and tell Him that he loved Him the same number of times that he had denied him. And I love that Christ sought out Peter to give him this opportunity. God is so good to follow us around and ask, "Do you love me?" Who in this world can say that they know Christ solely on their own acts or merits? None of us. Who in this world is holy and blameless by anything they have done? None of us.

God is so good because every time I start to walk away from Him, He finds me and asks, "Do you love me?"