Wednesday, July 21, 2010

update...

We went to Vanderbilt today to meet with the neonatologist. It was emotionally exhausting. Forgive me if this doesn't make much sense. The neonatologist said that we would know within a couple of weeks of delivery if Keatley will survive. There is a 50/50 chance of her needing ECMO (bypass machine.) Recovery will be a minimum of 8 to 12 weeks. She will have developmental delays but at some point down the road be able to catch up with the help of various types of therapy.
It's hard to have no control. The only thing I can do is take my vitamins and be in Nashville when she is born. I don't want my 3-year-old to have to be displaced for months. I don't want him to have to be away from my husband and me more than usual.
I don't want my baby to be sick. I want her to come home. Today I am broken.
FYI c-section is August 3rd between 7:30 and 9:30 central time

1 comment:

Noelle said...

Praying for you lady!! I know this has been a hard road for you but I know we serve a big God who has a reason and a plan and LOVES you very much!! Know that His heart is breaking, but that even in this GOOD will come of it.