Thursday, January 31, 2008

Superwoman

So today was a better day.  My dad is still dead and I am still sad, but it was a better day.  Probably because I was so busy.  My house is for sale but still messy all the time.  
I got a call at 11:15.

 "Mrs. Crookedtoes?  This is John from Realty Company, can you do a showing from 2-3 today?" 
 
"ummmmmm.......what time is it?"

"11:15"

"ummmmmmm........(internal dialogue: HOLY SHIT!)........ya, that would be okay"

I spent the next two hours running through the house cleaning like a crazy woman.  Thank God for high chairs and Big Bird.  I'm thinking about writing a letter to the people at Sesame Street and thanking them.

The house looked beautiful.  I was covered in sweat but earned the title of Superwoman for the day.
Then later we went to our small group.  I'm glad I went eventhough I didn't feel like talking about how wonderful God is.  I explained that I was mad at God and no one tried to convince me that I was evil or feeling something wrong.  It is nice the be listened to and not judged. Hmmm, is that what Christians are suppose to do?









1 comment:

aligwhit said...

Aw...so glad you have great encouragers around you! That warms my heart to know that. Praying for you, doll.