Thursday, December 4, 2008

Mammaw's bananas and I'm praying for fruit

I am sad that my mammaw is getting Alzheimer's. It is not fair. It was expected and pretty inevitable with our family history. I think the worst part of it is that my kids won't know mammaw like I do. They will know a different mammaw. A mammaw that is fun but weird. I remember my great grandmother as weird... and a little scary. I hope mammaw doesn't seem scary to my kids as she gets worse.
I also seem to be grieving my dad again. I seemed to be fine on the anniversary of his death but after a couple of days I seemed to begin to grieve all over again. It is weird that your brain associates weather and season with emotions and memories.

Ugh this is a fallen a world. This is not an easy place to exist and sometimes it is hard to walk in joy and peace. Lately I have been praying that God would make the fruits of the Spirit that lives in me more evident. I hope that makes sense. Plus, this season is a good time of year to practice self-control.


On a lighter note. Is this the sweetest baby ever, or what!?!

1 comment:

tiffany p. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.