Monday, September 14, 2009

Deep Thoughts by Crookedtoes

This is day 3 on facebook and I'm proud to say that I'm not being petty, envious, or nosey. Score one for me!

I don't have any interesting or quirky stories so today's post will be the thoughts that were in the forefront of my mind today.

1. Mom's bday. Happy Birthday to Momma.

2. Giraffe's aren't very fuzzy. Instead of fur it's more like horse hide. (Saw one up close at the zoo today)

3. Why are non-Christians so hostile when posting about Christianity on the internet?

4. Patrick Swayze died today. TIME OUT (opens iTunes window to listen to NKOTB, Dirty Dancing, it has a Swayze/Baby reference, bobs head)

5. Money sucks. The love of money IS the root of all evil.

6. What's the deal with prayer? (This is one I've been contemplating a lot and I am interested in others' opinions. I'll save the details for another post it would take too long for this one.)

7. I wish the stink in the kitchen could magically disappear.




2 comments:

Web2 Momma said...

Thank you for my birthday wishes ... online, voice mail, chocolate-gram, and in person.

aligwhit said...

I don't read your blog often enough, Heather...guess life just gets me too busy sometimes. But today, well, I can't sleep, so I do what I do when I can't sleep...catch up on friends' blogs.

Yeah, so this particular post piqued my interest b/c of the comment about prayer. It's been bothering me a lot lately that I don't pray like I used to. I mean, I pray w/ people and for people, but to just chat it up w/ Jesus...I don't do it like I used to. What's up w/ that? I don't know. Sometimes I just don't think about it. I mean, it's so much easier to think about talking to someone when they're like right in front of me or on the phone, but to just chat it up w/ the air (b/c sometimes, that's just what it feels like) is awkward. I feel the Holy Spirit when I pray w/ others, but when I do it by myself, well...lately, I just haven't felt Him. So, I've kinda stopped and that's weird to me b/c I still live my life for Him. I still base just about every decision on what He'd have for me. I also still love my Church and am really active there. Oh, and that thing called humility is also STILL a daily lesson that I'm learning that just ain't easy! So...all that to say, I agree. What's the deal w/ prayer?