Sunday, October 11, 2009

A Broken Heart

There is a lot of unpleasantness surrounding today.

Today is my dad's birthday, he passed away almost 2 years ago, I still miss him terribly. He was a wonderful father and great friend.

My son is sick. This is the second night in a row that he was up most of the night.

Yesterday I found out that I have Inappropriate Sinus Tachycardia, which means that I have an abnormally high heart rate with no explanation. The good news is that it won't kill me or shorten my life span and it is unlikely that I have heart damage. The bad news is that it makes me anxious and there is a small possibility of heart damage...which makes me anxious.

All things considered I'm in a pretty good mood.

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present you requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus." Phil 4:6-7

BTW, while I was typing this my son stood up at the end of his VeggieTales dvd, started clapping and said, "Yay, good moobie."

OK, I am going to go figure out how to celebrate my dad today.


but first.... a good morning peek-a-boo







No comments: