Monday, October 19, 2009

Just between you and me...

Dear Internet,
This week I go for an ultrasound on my heart to be sure there is no damage. I'm a little scared. It is uncommon for IST to cause heart damage but possible, the ultrasound is really just a precautionary thing, but still a little scary. The less I think about it, the better I feel. It's not like there is anything I could do about it if there was damage, plus "who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life" (matt 6:27)

I've had a good week, but today I'm feeling a little melancholy.


2 comments:

Krista said...

I haven't told you this yet...but I've been praying for you. It's so hard not to worry when it feels like that's all we can do. Love you!

Tree of Knowledge said...

I still can't get over that this condition is called "inappropriate" something something. When you get a clean bill of health, I am so going to be making inappropriate jokes. But until then, cheer up Sis. You're a strong person who can handle this, no matter what the outcome. But the outcome is going to be fine. It's okay to be scared and worry (even if it has no practical results). So just do what you need to do to get through it. You're tough.